Genomic Library Construction

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Fri Sep 6 12:50:25 EST 1996

I thought there were enough libraries already out there.......

does your supervisor hate you that much to suggest building one from
scratch...
now...that's what I call character building...

later

Michael W. Thompson (mthom0 at pop.uky.edu) wrote:
: 	    I wish to construct a human genomic library from EcoRI digested genomic DNA (the
: fragment I'm looking for is 9.2 kb according to the southern blot) and was wondering if
: anyone out there had experience with this and could suggest a vector system or strategy.  I
: considered lambda bluestar (from Novagen), as this vector has EcoRI sites, but they only
: sell the uncut DNA in 10ug packages (hardly enough from what I understand).  Does
: anyone out there know of a vector that could be used or an alternative strategy?  Any help
: would be appreciated

: Michael Thompson
: University of Kentucky
: Dept. of Biochemistry