AmpliTaq Gold vs AmpliTaq: where is the magic ?

Dave Adelson d.adelson at
Sun Sep 8 23:03:48 EST 1996

My understanding is that Gold is a covalent modification of regular
ampliTaq.  I don't know what type of modification, the Perkin-Elmer rep was
pretty cagey about it.

*DAVE ADELSON  "what, me worry?"                                  *
*CSIRO DIVSION OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION                               *
*SYDNEY LAB                                                       *
*SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA                                                *
*"THE USUAL DISCLAIMER APPLIES"                                   *

When in charge, ponder
When in trouble, delegate
When in doubt, mumble