silent restriction map

Julian Parkhill J.Parkhill at
Mon Sep 9 05:32:33 EST 1996

In article <GaryTruett.1192474683A at>,
pntrue at wrote:

> The software GCG can identify potential restriction sites through its
> mismatch function.
> The command line:
> map mis=1 filename
> directs the software to list restriction sites that would be created by
> making a single base substitution in the target sequence.

or, even better, use:

map (or mapsort) -silent

which will show all the restriction sites which can be generated (by any
number of changes) without altering the translation product, if you
specify the start of the gene.

          Julian Parkhill   -   J.Parkhill at
   CRC Laboratories, Inst. of Cancer Studies, Medical School,
 University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TJ, U.K.
Disclaimer: If I thought anybody gave a damn about my opinions....