silent restriction map

Gilles Truan truan at p450bm3.swmed.edu
Mon Sep 9 17:24:56 EST 1996

Nancy Linford wrote:

> does anybody know if there is a program out there which can make a map of
> restriction enzymes which do not cut a particular DNA sequence but would
> cut if there was a degenerate change in nucleotide sequence?
> thanks

	Yes there is also another program, called silmut which works well. It
is a DOS programm, you can find it @ bio.indiana.edu. If you don't find
it, email me I'll send it to you. It is a shareware or freeware, I don't
remember...
----------------
Dr. Gilles TRUAN                         Phone # :(214)
648-4741
Department of Biochemistry                 Fax # :(214)
648-8856
UTSW Medical Center                       E-mail
:truan at utsw.swmed.edu
5323 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, TX, 75235-9038
Tout va très bien, Madame la Marquise, tout va très bien, tout va très
bien...