CMV promoter. Transcript 5 ęend?

Riekeltje Koedood rkoedood at bio.bu.edu
Mon Sep 9 14:49:08 EST 1996

A book with a lot on CMV (but don't know if it woudl have your answer though):

Molecular aspects of human cytomegalovirus diseases.
Edited by: Y. Becker, G. Darai, and E.-S. Huang
1993, Springer-Verlag, Berlin

HOpe this helps.

Marieke

Joaquin Castilla (JCASTILLA at samba.cnb.uam.es) wrote:
: I am interested in precisely where the transcription starts from the CMV promoter. I.e.
: what does the 5ê end of the RNA look like?  I have to produce a viral RNA transcript in
: vivo with a sort of precise 5êend.
: Could you give me a reference or anybody knows anything about it? I know that this sort
: of stuff is well known for the T7 promoter (extra G, etc..) but I was unable to find
: anything for CMV.
: Please help. Thanks,
: Zoltan Penzes
: zpenzes at samba.cnb.uam.es