Help, Interleukine 8 assay

Takashi Suzuki takashi at dent.niigata-u.ac.jp
Mon Sep 9 02:25:55 EST 1996

In article <322F8364.3BA6 at nuri.net>, Geun-Woong Noh <adelvin at nuri.net>
wrote:

> Christian Schueler wrote:
> IL-8 can be produced from activated T cells, LPS-stimulated mononuclear

> phagocytes, fibroblast, epithelial cells and platelets.

Well, may I also add neutrophils to the list?   I found them at both mRNA
and protein levels in some chronic inflammatory disease.   The production
seems to require the presence of IL-1b, though.   Depending on the
disease you are targeting, maybe you may try to separate PMNs with MNCs
and see what happens when these cells are stimulated.

If you use culture supernate, I suppose you can use any commercially
available lit.   If the threshold is too low, you may also want to
enhance the colour development with ELAST or Fluorescence.

Good luck.

Takashi Suzuki, MD, PhD, DSc
Clinical Immunologist
Assistant Professor and Research Faculty
Niigata University
E-mail: takashi at dent.niigata-u.ac.jp