Electroporation condition for Jurkat cells

Heinz-Juergen Schaefers h-j.schaefers at popHost.com
Thu Sep 12 18:31:12 EST 1996

Hi!

Alan Lau wrote:
> I use an electroporation method almost exactly the same as this and it
> works reliably.  However, I cannot get electroporation efficiencies
> greater than around 15-20% of the total surviving cells.
>
> Does anyone have any comments, suggestions or alternative methods (e.g.
> lipofection) to improve this efficiency?

I whish i had such a great efficiency by transfecting rat mesangial cells via
electroporation. The max. i got is 1.5 to 2 % !!!
And this was 1000 fold higher than using lipofectin (DOTAP)!!

So i think you don't have to worry about your excellent 15-20%   :)

bye
	Heinz
--
Dipl. Biol. Heinz-Juergen Schaefers
University of Erlangen, Med. IV, Nephrology Research Lab