Promega T-vector

Oliver S. DePeyer saspeyer at reading.ac.uk
Fri Sep 13 03:17:08 EST 1996

There's just one problem with the pGEM-T vector - it no longer exists!

I had designed all my primers around it, but when I 'phoned them up to
order some more yesterday I was told that it had been withdrawn due to a
patent dispute! They hope to have a replacement soon, and they're sending
me a beta test kit for free - but it might not work, and it might have
incompatible R.E  sites for my cloning strategy.
I'm shafted, basically.

I would strongly advise any researchers planning to use pGEM in the near
future to give it up and redesign for pBSK or some other vector instead,
unless they have siginificant stocks of pGEM-T in the freezer. To
everybody else who is a current user of pGEM-T... jeez, just run for the
hills, that's all I can think of.