Growth of H. pylori?

Robert Randolph rand777 at ids.net
Tue Sep 17 07:14:25 EST 1996

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996 17:51:34 GMT, weber at cmb.UNR.EDU (Lee Weber) wrote:

>Dear Colleagues
>
>Does anyone have a robust method for growing H. pylori?  We need to grow
>enough to isolate at least 100 ug of DNA.  So far, we have had little success
>growing the stock from ATTC on blood agar in a candle jar.  Is there a way to
>grow them in liquid culture or at least in the absence of potential
>contamination with heterologous (blood) DNA.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help at all

One can use campy-thio enriched with nad, cocarboxylase, B12 and
hemin...if the hemin is a problem, it can be left out....better growth
if medium contains hemin.  If you want to try this I will send you the
formula via e-mail.  The prepared medium is available from Randolph
Biomedical - 401-826-1407 - rand777 at ids.net---.  Robert Randolph
I am employeed by Randolph Biomedical.
Robert Randolph
Randolph Biomedical