X-linking?

Yi Zhang (BIO) yzhang1 at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Tue Sep 17 15:29:02 EST 1996

Hi Netters:

I would like to get some advise on protein cross-linking techniques. I
want to cross-link two isoform receptors on the cell membrane by some
crosslinking reagent. Some questions I have are: 1) What are the choices
of cross-linkig reagents commonly used for this purpose? Would the length
of the X-linker have anything to do with efficiency? 2) What are the
conditions for X-linkers? 3) Is there any X-linker to be membrane
impenetratable? Any other info would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

						* ___
Yi (Ian) ZHANG,					*   | |	/
IP2CMB, IBS					* --- |/