where does sodium azide function?

Eric H. Anderson grizzly at iastate.edu
Tue Sep 17 13:39:29 EST 1996

I am teaching an freshman lab section in which we use sodium azide to
inhibit respiration in peas.  I would like to be able to discuss with
my students where it inhibits respiration.  So far I have been unable
to locate any information (I don't feel too bad, since the faculty I
have asked about it only know that it is a respiration inhibitor, and
that they use it to prevent bacterial infections in some solutions).

I would appreciate any information you may have (extensive details not
required) and a source would be wonderful.  If possible, please e-mail
me, as I don't get to check newsgroups that frequently.

Thank you,

Eric Anderson
Graduate TA,
ISU
Question Authority and the Authorities may question You

Eric H. Anderson                           339 Sci II
grizzly at iastate.edu                        Iowa State Univ.
eanderso at nyx.cs.du.edu                     Ames, IA 50014

I sincerly hope my opinions don't belong to anyone else.