Hygromycin B and Cells

Labor Wernig dramiga at snphysio2.wilhelm.uni-bonn.de
Wed Sep 18 14:03:35 EST 1996

Hello Netters !

Does anyone know the usual working concentration for hygromycin B ?
I transformed E.coli with a plasmid containing a hygromycin B resistance gene, but unfortunately also the untransformed bacteria survived when they were grown in medium containing hygromycin B.
I would also like to work with mouse myoblasts. Do I have to use different working concentrations for mammalian cells and E.coli ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Joe Otim Dramiga

E-Mail: dramiga at snphysio2.wilhelm.uni-bonn.de