Promega T-vector

Bill Burnett bbur at
Wed Sep 18 09:16:38 EST 1996

<Pine.SOL.3.95.960913091324.5615L-100000 at>,
>saspeyer at says...
>>There's just one problem with the pGEM-T vector - it no longer exists!
>>I had designed all my primers around it, but when I 'phoned them up to
>>order some more yesterday I was told that it had been withdrawn due to a
>>patent dispute!  To everybody else who is a current user of pGEM-T...
>>jeez, just run for the hills, that's all I can think of.

Apparently the dispute's been settled, seeing as a kit just arrived on my
desk which I ordered on Monday.

Run to the hills?  Nah...
Run to the lab, run to the lab...

As soon as I've finished dropping little dry-ice-and-eppendorff bombs
around the place, that is.  :-)

Bill Burnett: bbur at
Scottish Association for Marine Science
P.O. Box 3, Oban, Argyll, PA34 4AD.