precipitating from Qiaquick

pdxrmb at vaxb.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk pdxrmb at vaxb.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Sep 20 07:51:34 EST 1996

I have been using Qiagens qiaquick columns for the purification of PCR products and bands form gels. Direct elution yields good quality DNA, but the concentration is a little low - I would prefer a nice high concentration stock for storage etc. Ethanol precipitation produces very low yields (as judged from EtBr gels)despite there being plenty of DNA in the eluate- is there a reason for this ?
I thought maybe carryover of chaotropic salt may effect the precipitation conditions ? but wasnt exactly ur why this shoud be. any advice/infromation would be gratefully received. thanks in advance- Richard M Badge.