"PCR machines ABI 9600 breakdown"

WSchick at aol.com WSchick at aol.com
Mon Sep 23 08:56:52 EST 1996

In a message dated 96-09-23 09:22:45 EDT,
un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de (z) writes:

<< but last week, one of these machines broke down and apparently the
 cooling system was damaged. abi told us that we have to send it in:
 you can guess what that will cost.
 just for fun i tested the other two machines also: one of these also
 failed the chiller test. These machines cool noticably slower.
 machines are between 2-4 years old.

Our third party service group repairs the ABI cyclers for a lower cost than
ABI.  The older DNA cyclers sometimes require refrigeration, sometimes
circulation repairs.  ABI does sell a service manual for each of their
instruments so your service people can repair and recalibrate if needed.