latex gloves allergy

Nancy A. Mitchell nam1 at
Tue Sep 24 11:04:02 EST 1996

Helen Burns <H.D.Burns at> wrote:

>I'm having problems with an allergy to my disposable gloves. If any body
>has any advice on low allergenic brands or alternative solutions I would
>be very grateful if you could E.mail me- Thankyou.

Please see an allergist who is knowledgeable about latex allergy.
This is the most important piece of advice I can offer you.

My son has a severe Type 1 hypersensitivity to latex.  You would
not believe how greatly it has affected our whole family - where
we can go, what we can do.  You do not want your problem to
progress to that point.  Do something now.  An allergist is the
only one who can determine what you're reacting to and then
suggest to you what you should do.

To see what's on the Internet in regard to latex allergy, please
see my Web site:

Consider subscribing to the Rubber / Latex Allergy Discussion
List.  Send an e-mail to listserv at
In the body of the message, type only:
subscribe  rubber   your name
Many of the people on the list are former healthcare
professionals who have lost their careers to severe latex
Good luck,

nam1 at