Marcel Hoffmann hoffmann at
Thu Sep 26 13:59:20 EST 1996

Dear netters

I'm experiencing problems using Ilfords K5 emulsion. I'm
trying to clone a GPCR by expression cloning and I have a
iodinated radioligand specific for this receptor. My
testsystem is a cloned GPCR and its cognate ligand. When I
transfect COS7 cells with my test GPCR I get high expression
and after incubation of the transfected cells on a microscopic
slide I can detect the positive cells by autoradiography.
However when I dip the very same slides in a warmed (35
degrees) photoemulsion, expose them for the same period (two
to three day's) and develop the slides my signal has

Can anyone explain to me wat is happening here.
I tried different temperatures already but that doesn't work.

thanks in advance
Marcel Hoffmann Ph.D.
Dept. of Pharmacochemistry
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam