ligation

J Grimbergen JM.GRIMBERGEN at novell.pg.tno.nl
Fri Sep 27 05:23:32 EST 1996

Hello fellow ligaters (or should I say non ligaters?)

As happy as we are with the few colonies we get after every cloning
experiment, it still makes us wonder how some (or most?) people are
able to produce ligation efficiencies which are clearly visable on
ordinary agarose gels. Somehow we are not able to visualize our
circular ligation products on gel, or to completely religate common
sizemarkers.
We commonly use Qiagen products to purify our dna fragments from
either restrictionbuffers or from gels. Although there have been
many discussions on the net about this topic, I wonder if there is
anyone out there who likes to share her or his thoughts, with
possibly new insights about this subject, with us?