Viscous DNA solution

Dima Klenchin klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 30 13:20:58 EST 1996

In article <52kfld$jj3 at hobbes.cc.uga.edu>,
   Hongyu Yang <yang at tifton.cpes.peachnet.edu> wrote:
->Dear netter:
->
->I isolated DNA from plant leaves which was so viscous that we could not
->separate it with an agarose gel after "digestion". In a previous
posting,
->I was told that the stuff which made the DNA solution viscous was
->polysachharides. I tried several methods to get rid of the
->"polysaccharide", but failed. The methods I tried included 10-30%
ethanol
->precipitation, PEG-precipitation, and CTAB.  I'll greatly appreciate any
->advices.

The stuff that makes [high MW] DNA solutions viscous is ... DNA.

- Dima