low copy lacZ fusion vector

Rafael Maldonado rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu
Mon Apr 7 19:05:34 EST 1997

On 6 Apr 1997 dalex at NEXUS.MICROIMM.MCGILL.CA wrote:

> Why such a low copy number?
> Well, I am hoping that I'll be able to mimic a chromosomal fusion.

David,

Then you need a chromosomal fusion. There are such vectors able to
recombine with a lambda phage, and the phage can be inserted in the
chromosome. Actually, since the phages and the vectors recombine by
pBR322 and lacZ sequences, any lacZ fusion vector based in pBR will work.
Check:

Simons, Houman and Kleckner (1987) Gene 53, 85-96

Good luck,

-Rafa

Rafael Maldonado                             | 'No te creas todo
room 6160 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics |  lo que leas en
Department of Human Genetics		     |  internet.'
University of Utah			     |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112. USA.	     |  "Don't believe
Rafael.Maldonado at genetics.utah.edu           |  everything you read
Rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu	             |  in internet."
Tel: 801-581-4429			     |
Fax: 801-585-3910			     |