Whatman filter storage of plasmids

Pat White squirrel at cco.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 8 18:59:18 EST 1997

Our lab, like many others, has a slew of plasmids in Eppendorfs,in various
boxes here and there.  We also have a binder that is rumored to contain
maps of said plasmids.  We are interested in reorganizing this mess.

Someone came up with the bright idea of storing plasmid samples in the
binder, on Whatman filters similar to what's used for overseas shipping.
We're concerned about how long plasmids can be stored in that fashion,
preferably at room temperature.

So my question is this: what is the oldest filter sample anyone reading
this has successfully transformed?  Please e-mail information to
squirrel at cco.caltech.edu: I rarely get to read this lovely group.

Thanks for your help,

Pat White