Looking for.....MethylMercury Hydroxide

Mark Blight BLIGHT at igmors.u-psud.fr
Tue Apr 8 03:26:07 EST 1997

Dear All,

I am trying out a method of SSCP mutation mapping that uses
direct ethidium bromide staining of ssDNA from PCR fragments
following denaturation and migration in a renaturing TBE gel
(Hongyo et al., 1993. Nucl.Acid.Res. 21(16): 3637-3642. The
trick to getting efficient denaturation of sufficient DNA to
stain requires the use of METHYLMERCURY HYDROXIDE.

Does anyone know of a supplier in FRANCE? I've checked
Sigma, Aldrich, Janssen, ICN & Kodak and can't find any.

Otherwise, if anyone has a better SSCP technique that is as
simple as staining the gels afterwards I'd be glad to hear
about it.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

PS I'd prefer replies by e-mail please.