pAs2-1 two-hybrid vector inhibits growth

Jan Carette Jan.Carette at mac.mb.wau.nl
Thu Apr 10 07:17:07 EST 1997

Hello,

When I transform HF7c with the two-hybrid vector pAs2-1 the yeast
growth is much inhibited. Perhaps my bait protein is somewhat toxic
to the yeast. The pAs2-1 vector uses the ADH1 full-lenght promotor
which is repressed by the ethanol produced in the late log fase of the
yeast.
My question is if I can use this ethanol supression to repress the
expression of my bait protein when I grow a culture which I am going
to transform with the library. Perhaps I can add ethanol when I grow
the pAs2-1 transformed yeast overnight and the next day when I grow
them to log fase.
Has anyone tried this or does the ethanol in the medium itself
supress yeast growht. Any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

J.E. Carette