Trizol DNA extraction + episomal ?

Nigel Kenward mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk
Thu Apr 10 03:35:12 EST 1997

Hi,
I found that I had to do double the number of washes in the variuos
solutions to get the DNA really clean. There was loads of DNA then (tho'
it got a bit sheared).

Has anyone any idea if it's all genomic DNA or if transfected plasmids
replicating independantly from the genome will be purified too. I
haven't detected any plassmid but an unhelpful lady on the technical
support reckoned all DNA would be purified (in a manner that suggested
that 5 yr old knew that !!)

Cheers,
Nige
--
|\   |  |  /    \   /     |         NIGEL KENWARD,
| \  |  | |   ___  |__    |         Dept. Biochemistry,
|  \ |  | |     |  |      |         Nottingham University Medical
School.