Xma1-filling and purification!

Yi Zhang (BIO) yzhang1 at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Sun Apr 13 12:28:12 EST 1997

Hi there,

Thank for all the suggestions about the simple
ligation/cloning. I have just successfully got the right plasmid after
filling-in XmaI site (in order to get the right reading frame! SmaI in the
wrong frame). The reason for the failure seems to be due to the short cut.
Purification of digested plasmid DNA from the RE mix seemed to be the key
in this case. The red book states that Klenow reaction can be carried out
in the RE reaction (no purification needed). I took the short-cut and
failed to get any clones. I hope this info may help others as well.

cheers,

						* ___
Yi (Ian) ZHANG,					*   | | /
IP2CMB, IBS					* --- |/