Advice on electroporators

Thierry Giffon giffon at itsa.ucsf.edu
Tue Apr 15 16:15:25 EST 1997

My lab is in the market for a multi-purpose electroporator.  We would like
to electroporate mammalian cells as well as yeast and bacteria.  The
Bio-Rad gene pulser, although a very good product , is priced a wee bit too
high for our budget.   The Invitrogen product is more reasonably priced,
but we are wondering if anyone has purchased this deivce and could
recommend it.  Also, if anyone could direct us to electroporators from
other companies that perform well and are reasonably priced.  Please reply
to the following e-mail address and/or post to the newsgroup.  Thanks.

crt3q at itsa.ucsf.edu
Charles Toth, Ph.D.
Department of Microbiology
UCSF