Phage Display Antibody Problems

Rolf de Groot longziek at worldaccess.nl
Tue Apr 15 09:19:53 EST 1997

Hi

I have a few questions for anybody familiar with the phage display
system, or more precisely with trying use phage produced antibodies in
standard lab techniques.

We have identified a novel antigen using a phage derived antibody using
FACS. We would like to identify the protein by western blotting or
immunoprecipitation using the phage antibody and have had little success
so far.

Does anyone have any experience in utilising phage-derived antibodies in
these standard lab techniques? Maybe there's a FAQ floating around
somewhere? Please could you mail any suggestions or advice towards
solving this problem.

Many thanks

Paul Coffer
P.Coffer at hli.azu.nl