Removing salt from DNA prep
genecutl at mendel.no.spam.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 16 18:57:21 EST 1997
In article <5j3844$one$1 at cronkite.cc.uga.edu>, wise at bscr.uga.edu wrote:
* Hello all,
* I'm doing a DNA prep from sediment from a stream and overall it is working
* well except that the obtained pellet contains large amounts of salt. I
* was wondering if anyone has any ideas about the best ways to remove salt
* from DNA in solution. I've tried washing the pellet with 70% ethanol at
* room temp. but it doesn't seem to help too much. thanks in advance!
You can try dialysis.
(remove nospam from email address to reply)
More information about the Methods