macrophage and immunofluorescence

Stephane Ory Stephane.Ory at ens-lyon.fr
Wed Apr 16 10:22:50 EST 1997

Does anyone use rabbit polyclonal antibodies in macrophage system
(chicken macrophages) ? We are not able to have a specific labelling
with such antibodies. We always labelled plasma membrane with all
rabbit polyclonal antibodies. We obtain the same pattern with a normal
rabbit serum. It's probably due to the macrophage's Fc receptors which
react with these antibodies. We try to incubate fixed cells with
chicken normal serum to eliminate this non specific fixation but it's
not sufficient.

Thanks in advance for your help.