Immunopurification of proteins

Soma snaras at LAMAR.COLOSTATE.EDU
Thu Apr 17 13:30:31 EST 1997

Hi

I shall like to know if any one has good success in immunoaffinity
purification of target proteins carrying T7 tag sequences using Novagen's
T7 tag antibody crosslinked to agarose beads. How effective is this
approach.  Is there any other company that makes this stuff?  I had a
terrible time purifying bacterial  expressed his-tagged proteins (in native
condition) using both Novagen's His-bind and Clonetech's Talon affinity
resin. As a last resort I plan to use
T7 affinity purific ation.

I shall be thankful for any help in this context

                                           Soma Bala Narasimhulu
*   E-mail: snaras at lamar.colostate.edu      *
*      Tel: (303) 491 2189 (Lab)          *
*     Mail:                               *
*           Dept. of Biology              *
*           Colorado State University     *
*           E106 Anat/Zoo Bldg            *
*           Fort Collins, CO 80523        *
*    Dept Fax: 303 491 0649               *