Q-B-replicase probing?

brett brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Thu Apr 17 22:53:03 EST 1997

>Hi Folks,
>
>Anyone out there used Q-B-replicase probing for in situ detection of bacteria?
>am toying with the idea of using this method linked to fluorescent oligo
>probing
>(after the Q-B replication step) to light-up different groups of bacteria in
>mixed culture.
>
>Any opinions/ advice? Anyone know of a kit? Anyone know of an email address for
>Gen-Trak?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>John Stephen

I am interested, too. One problem as I see it is getting really clean
replicase. I tried to contact Fred Kramer, but never heard back from him.
Anyways, his
group's PNAS (V93, p5395) paper used replicase from Vysis Inc. I looked up
their web page and contacted them about obtaining replicase. In the end they
turned me down and I suspect they aren't pursuing QB anymore. If anyone else
knows a commercial supplier, please pass it on.

Brett Lindenbach

Program in Immunology
Washington University - St Louis
brett at borcim.wustl.edu