Zero Background Cloning Kit from INVITROGEN

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Fri Apr 18 16:26:57 EST 1997

Ramon Garcia Escudero (rgescudero at trasto.cbm.uam.es) wrote:

> Do anyone use the Zero Background Cloning Kit from INVITROGEN?
>
> I am very interested in a fast and easy bacterial cloning system.
> INVITROGEN have the new which which permits high levels of sensibility
> and easy to use. CLONTECH have the new "Zero Background Cloning Ki" but
> I don't know wheter it really works.

I think you mean the pZero vector from Invitrogen, not Clontech.
Have a look at the pros and cons of using this system in this article:

@article{Hengen1997Martibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Reducing background colonies
with positive selection vectors",
volume = "22",
number = "3",
pages = "105-106",