betaine in LA PCR

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at
Mon Apr 21 03:24:32 EST 1997

In article <5je8lr$98k21 at>, Paul N Hengen
<pnh at> writes
>Note the last two lines in the acknowlegements!
>Wholly Smokin' Rip-Off!!

It's maybe not that bad in that it only covers inclusion of betaine in
the PCR buffer itself. If it is pacakged separately in it's own vial
then I take the view that is OK to sell it with a PCR enzyme and the PCR
buffer. Put it in the PCR buffer and you infringe.

I would say that this kind of patent or patent app. is becoming more and
more common.

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.