source of T4 endonuclease VII

David R. Nelson dnelson at utmem1.utmem.edu
Wed Apr 16 10:16:59 EST 1997

We have just read the paper Detection of 81 of 81 known mouse beta globin
promoter mutations with T4 endonuclease VII- The EMC method (enzyme
mismatch cleavage).  Genomics 32, 431-435 1996.  This method is similar to
cleavage of RNA DNA heteroduplexes, except you don't have to make the RNA.
You can just hybridize your DNA from PCR and cleave with the DNA
endonuclease.  Sounds very good to me, but the source of the enzyme used
was someone elses lab.  Is this T4 Endonuclease VII commercially available?

Any comments on your favorite mutation detection method would be
appreciated.

--
David R. Nelson
Assistant Professor