Mouse pedigree tracking software source?

Jorg Kirberg kirberg at nki.nl
Wed Apr 23 04:55:38 EST 1997

In article <obrien-2204971401570001 at brass6.med.upenn.edu>,
obrien at pharm.med.upenn.edu (:-Peter) wrote:

> Is there good software (Windows or mac) for trackng transgenic mice
> (matings, husbandry, etc.?).  E-mail replies to
> belmontj at mail.med.upenn.edu. Thanks
>
> :-Peter

Dear Peter,
probably thats not what you would like to buy but anyway:
At the Basel Institute for Immunology they have a very nice
custom made program based on some software called 4th dimension.
The program allows the animal care takers to fill in how many
pubs are born per week, later weaned and so on. The program
keeps track of the individual breedings in terms of litters.
Weekly there can be obtained an outprint to see what was going
on.
However: The price of it might be prohibitive; I heard once rumors
of about 50.000 SFr but one would need to get this confirmed.
Also, it does not allow in its present way of setup to draw
any kind of tree how mice were bred. But that one can still do
manually.

If still interested I will give you the E_mail adress of the
system administrator over there.

jorg

Joerg Kirberg                              Tel. 0031 - 20 - 512 19 98
The Netherlands Cancer Institute           FAX  0031 - 20 - 512 20 11
Div. Molecular Genetics (H4)               E_mail kirberg at nki.nl
Plesmanlaan 121
NL - 1066 CX Amsterdam
The Netherlands