Alternatives to Freund's complete?

Simon Dawson Simon.Dawson at
Wed Apr 30 10:54:25 EST 1997

   I was wondering if people have a good alternative (i.e. non-toxic and
generating comparable responses) to Freund's _complete_ adjuvant for
antibody production?
  Our animal facility dosn't let us use the complete Freund's adjuvant
and I was wondering if there were any newer generation adjuvants that
work just as well but w/o the side effects for the animals?
  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.....could you mail them to me? I
don't currently have regular access to newsgoups :(
  Thanks again,

Dr. Simon Dawson       TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44787
Dept. of Biochemistry  FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre  Email:Simon.Dawson at
Clifton Boulevard
U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!" - Bill Murray.