RFD: Plasmid re-ligation without ligase?

Rafael Maldonado rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu
Thu Apr 24 14:49:12 EST 1997

On 22 Apr 1997, Klaus Salger wrote:

> as far as I remember I read about a system called "Ligation Independent
> Cloning System". I don't remember the details but I think it relies on in
> vivo ligation (and recombination?).
> Maybe most of the linear DNA is degraded in the colis but sometimes (1%
> probability?) the ligase might be faster than the exonuclease.

For that method, a strain defficient in exonuclease must be used.

-Rafa

Rafael Maldonado                             | 'No te creas todo
room 6160 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics |  lo que leas en
Department of Human Genetics		     |  internet.'
University of Utah			     |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112. USA.	     |  "Don't believe
Rafael.Maldonado at genetics.utah.edu           |  everything you read
Rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu	             |  in internet."
Tel: 801-581-4429			     |
Fax: 801-585-3910			     |