beta-mercaptoethanol and transfromation

Daniel Schlieper aeg17 at axp1.rrz.uni-koeln.de
Fri Aug 1 08:27:01 EST 1997

dspencer at is.dal.ca (David F. Spencer) writes:

> [...]
> The best, indeed as far as I'm aware the only, detailed in-depth study of
> transformation of E.coli is found in:
>
> Hanahan, D. Studies on Transformation of Escherichia coli with Plasmids,
> J. Mol. Biol. 166 : 557-580 (1983)
>
> If you are interested in this topic read this paper.
>
> Hanahan has an excellent chapter 'Techniques for Transformation of
> E. coli' in
> the book 'DNA Cloning, volume 1', 'a practical approach', edited by
> D.M. Glover,
> IRL Press (1985).
>
> David F. Spencer

You are probably interested in this paper as well:

Hiroaki Inoue, Hiroshi Nojima and Hiroto Okayama: High efficiency
transformation of Escherichia coli with plasmids. Gene, 96 (1990)
23-28.

With best regards,

 Daniel Schlieper

--
Daniel Schlieper                    Institut fuer Biochemie
                                    Zuelpicher Strasse 47