nuclear staining ISH

harris harris at liv.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 10:43:14 EST 1997

ISH: we can demonstrate cytokine cytoplasmic presence in malignant cells by
immunohistochem and Western blot. We can demonstrate mRNA for the same
cytokine by RT-PCR. To date Northern blots have not been succesful. ISH
analysis has revealed nuclear localisation of mRNA signal, with no
cytoplasmic, repeatedly. We are confident there is no technical error in our
method. We have repeated experiments following incubation with cycloheximide
again with no success. Why should this be so? Are we dealing with simple low
concentration presence of cytokine mRNA and a short half life or is the
explanation more complex or incomprehensible?