partial proteolysis in gel

Alan Schoenfeld aschoen at aecom.yu.edu
Fri Aug 1 11:31:27 EST 1997

I have been trying to do a partial proteolysis (with V8 and
chymotrypsin).  The problem:  I cut out the bands for my protein and
digest in the gel. I am comparing it to an in vitro translated product
(NOT cut out from gel).  I get digest of the in vitro product but not
the cut out bands.  I suspect that there is more digestion in the liquid
in vitro sample because the gel slices are not accessible (although I
stop the gel for 1 hour while all products are still in the stacking
gel).  How can I get equal (and better) digestion?