Does anyone want a Pharmacia oligonucleotide Synthesizer

John Richard Seavitt jrseavit at artsci.wustl.edu
Fri Aug 1 17:29:48 EST 1997

On 1 Aug 1997, Alex Dobrovic wrote:

> Is there anyone that can use an old Pharmacia oligonucleotide Synthesizer.
> We find it cheaper to buy our oligos these days so any serious suggestions
> on what we can do with the synthesiser are welcome. It looks quite nice but
> our bench space is at a premium.
>
> Alexander Dobrovic, Ph. D.

I know there are some oligo synthesizer companies that will give credit
for their oligos in exchange for your old synthesizer.  Rather amusing
marketing strategy; too bad I didn't think of it.  Ask around;  one
company gave $2500 in oligos (about 120 sequencing oligo's worth) in
exchange for a ABI 291 PCR-MATE.

John Seavitt