spun column

Eric Anderson e-anderson at ski.mskcc.arghhh
Tue Aug 5 08:06:20 EST 1997

In article <33E64926.6608 at pilot.msu.edu>, molecpth at pilot.msu.edu wrote:

>Hello all-
>        I was wondering in anyone has a protocol for doing a G-50 spun column
>using a microcentrifuge for seperating unicorporated from labled probe.
>I have used the 1mL (tuberculin) syringe method, but I don't have access
>to a clinical centrifuge, but I do have access to an old
>microcentrifuge.  Any help that you can give me will be greatly
>appreciated, and you can either send it to my e-mail or to the news
>group.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>-Eric W. Olle

G-50 spin columns that fit in microfuges can be purchased from Pharmacia
(probably others as well but that's the one that leaps to mind first).  i
don't know if anyone makes empty unpacked columns for microfuges like the
ones that Bio-Rad makes for clinicals but in the past i've re-packed the
Centri-Sep columns from Princeton Separations with reasonably good
results.

good luck,

eric

(no affiliation with any companies mentioned above.)

--
Eric C. Anderson
Sloan-Kettering Institute for Cancer Research
e-anderson at ski.mskcc.arghhh

(Legitimate responders please change arghhh to org when replying.  Unsolicited commercial responses are not welcome and will be forwarded to the FCC.)