spun column

Eric Anderson e-anderson at ski.mskcc.arghhh
Tue Aug 5 08:06:20 EST 1997

In article <33E64926.6608 at pilot.msu.edu>, molecpth at pilot.msu.edu wrote:

>Hello all-
>        I was wondering in anyone has a protocol for doing a G-50 spun column
>using a microcentrifuge for seperating unicorporated from labled probe. 
>I have used the 1mL (tuberculin) syringe method, but I don't have access
>to a clinical centrifuge, but I do have access to an old
>microcentrifuge.  Any help that you can give me will be greatly
>appreciated, and you can either send it to my e-mail or to the news
>Thanks in advance.
>-Eric W. Olle

G-50 spin columns that fit in microfuges can be purchased from Pharmacia
(probably others as well but that's the one that leaps to mind first).  i
don't know if anyone makes empty unpacked columns for microfuges like the
ones that Bio-Rad makes for clinicals but in the past i've re-packed the
Centri-Sep columns from Princeton Separations with reasonably good

good luck,


(no affiliation with any companies mentioned above.)

Eric C. Anderson
Sloan-Kettering Institute for Cancer Research 
Dept. of Cell Biology and Genetics
Lab: (212) 639-2977
Fax: (212) 717-3298
e-anderson at ski.mskcc.arghhh

(Legitimate responders please change arghhh to org when replying.  Unsolicited commercial responses are not welcome and will be forwarded to the FCC.)

More information about the Methods mailing list