His-tag purification

Vladimir Svetlov svetlov at oncology.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 6 20:39:38 EST 1997

In article <33E11071.3874 at jcu.edu.au>, James, Cook, Universuty wrote:

> I'm soon to start trying to express my protein of interest using a
> His-tag expression system (PROEX HT from Life Technologies).  I am
> looking at buying more resin and columns for the purification.  Has
> anyone had experience with the various resins available and which are
> best?  I have come across ProBond Metal Binding Resin, Talon Metal
> Affinity Resin, His-Bind Resin and the Ni-NTA resin from Quiagen.  Any
> comments would be appreciated.

Talon works fine, and Qiagen is quite good too as long as you use batch for
binding and column for washing - for some reason itsa pain to bind as much
protein on the column.  Well, actually reason is quite obvious... Here in
the lab a lota folks are using Novagen stuff with degree of success
variable with the level of ineptness, and I heard that Pharmacia kit works
OK but never saw anybody actually trying it out. Finally, me wife, who
always right, saz that Qiagen is the best. There you go, sailor.
Regards,
V.