Cultured cells at constant pH?

Ian A. York iayork at
Thu Aug 7 08:19:18 EST 1997

This is probably a simple question, but I don't know where to start

I want to grow tissue culture cells at a range of constant pHs for several
days.  The pH doesn't have to be fabulously accurate, but I don't want it
to start dropping dramatically as the cells become denser.  I'd like to
try a range of, oh, I don't know, let's say 6.3 - 7.3 or so.

Are there media that will do this?  Where can I find recipes?

      Ian York   (iayork at  <>