Questions on Daltons and ELISA

Donald Chun Kit Wong dcwong at unixg.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 7 21:11:14 EST 1997

I have two question. First, can anyone tell me the relationship between
daltons and grams. Can one calculate one from the other?

Second, when coating a plastic microtiter plate with antibodies, will
only the Fc portion of the antibody bind to the plate, or only the F(ab)
portion, or all parts of the antibody equally? Illustrations from
companies, texts and review articles always show only the antibodies
bound by the Fc portion. But never mention if other portions of the
antibody can bind also.

Thanks.

Donald Wong
University of British Columbia