Plasmid drawing software

Jim Woodgett jwoodget at oci.utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 7 13:21:15 EST 1997

In article <jmejia-0708971554500001 at larin2.imm.ox.ac.uk>,
jmejia at worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk (Jose E. Mejia) writes:

> I need to purchase some plasmid drawing software for the Macintosh,
> either as part of a package or as a stand-alone program. If you know
> about one such program that you would recommend, then please drop me
> a line. Thank you in advance!

There are several commercial applications inc. DNA Star and MacVector and Gene
Construction Kit but if you really just want a plasmid drawing program I'd
recommend DNA Strider 1.2 written by Christian Marck (Service de Biochemie et
Genetique Moleculaire, Bat. 142, Centre d'Etudes de Saclay, 91191, Gif-Sur-
Yvette, Cedex, France).  Its US$200 but well worth it in terms of speed,
interface and capabilities.  It doesn't do stuff like contig assembly or
sequence comparisons but for digests, maps, ORFs, etc its excellent.

Jim Woodgett

Do you have a lab homepage?  If so submit the URL for inclusion in the lab
directory at http://kinase.oci.utoronto.ca/labdirect.html
For more information mailto:jwoodget at oci.utoronto.ca