clontech subtraction kit

mieda at mc.med.keio.ac.jp mieda at mc.med.keio.ac.jp
Sat Aug 9 07:33:08 EST 1997

   I am trying to isolate novel genes by subtractive hybridization using
CLONTECH PCR-Select cDNA Subtraction Kit.   I have carried out several
trials and found that the subtraction efficiency is very low (only
several fold decrease in the abundance of housekeeping gene,
elongation factor 1 alpha).
   Does anybody have a experience using this kit?   Did you get very good
subtraction efficiency?   I will appreciate any comments, suggestions,
and advice concerning about this kit or other subtraction protocols
that work well.   Please mail to    mieda at mc.med.keio.ac.jp.
   Thank you.