wizard prep'ed DNA

Richard J. Dudley rdudley at nrc.uab.edu
Mon Aug 11 17:18:55 EST 1997

Jennifer Broderick wrote:

<snip>

> I recommend that you do a CsCl gradient on your
> qiagen prep DNA if you plan to save it longer than a week. I have had
> preps that degrade after a few weeks, so I always run a bit on a gel to
> make sure it has not degraded before I transfect.

If you're going to do a CsCl gradient after the Qiagen preps, why not
just skip the preps and do a CsCl period?  You'll see an incredible
increase in yield.

* Argue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie. *

Richard J. Dudley (rdudley at nrc.uab.edu)
Department of Neurobiology
University of Alabama School of Medicine
http://www.nrc.uab.edu/