GFP and Blue FP simultaneous descrimination

David N. Levy levy at uab.edu
Tue Aug 12 14:04:23 EST 1997

I am interested in the utility of using Green Fluorescence Protein and
Blue Fluorescence Protein as markers in cells to discriminate these two
proteins within the same culture.  These two proteins have different
absorbtion and emmision spectra, but have some overlap also, and the
Blue protein is not very bright, so I would like to know of people's
practical experience using them.  Clontech sells them, as EGFP and
EBFP, so experience with these particularly interests me.  Thanks.

David N. Levy
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Birmingham, AL 35294-0007

levy at uab.edu