Cannot locate herring sperm DNA

William Driscoll driscoll at rci.rutgers.edu
Thu Aug 14 16:53:03 EST 1997

Since I've heard this to be a relatively common reagent, this is probably
will seem like a silly question but...

I want to use herring sperm DNA as a blocking reagent in a Northern
Blot using a biotin labled 40mer oligo probe, but I cannot locate it
in the normal catalogs I use: Sigma, Fisher, Clonetech, BioRad, Pharmacia.
So my question is:  Other than the obvious place (meaning go catch a
herring and get a sample of its sperm) where does one obtain herring sperm
DNA.

Please email responses instead of posting; since I don't get to check news
as much as I'd like and I might miss a post. My address is:
driscoll at rci.rutgers.edu

Thanks in advance,

Bill
driscoll at rci.rutgers.edu